These chocolates are sweetened with maple syrup and contain some nutritional powerhouses- organic cocoa butter, cacao, and cannabis coconut oil. Chocolate has gotten a bad rap because of all the processed sugar, but these homemade cannabis chocolates are different.
I love addin protein to this recipe to help stabilize blood sugar and prevent the peak and crash that can come with sweetened edibles.
Here’s the recipe. I hope you enjoy it and that they help you slow down, relax, pat yourself on the back and enjoy the fuck out of your own life.
- 1 Cup of Organic Cocoa Butter and measure- 2 squares = 1 cup
- 2-4 Tablespoons Cannabis Coconut Oil
- 100 MG CBD Oil (especially if you’re using a low CBD strain)
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional but awesome)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Optional Boosters: 1/2 Cup Nuts or Seeds (Almonds, Hempseeds, Sunflower Seeds and Pumpkin Seeds are awesome), Dried Fruit, Coconut flakes, whatever sounds and feels good
- Melt Cocoa Butter in a double boiler or makeshift double boiler (glass or metal bowl on top of a small pot filled 1/4 full with water) over medium heat.
- Once Cocoa Butter is melted add Cannabis Coconut Oil and whisk to combine.
- Once the Cocoa Butter mixture is melted and thoroughly mixed, remove from heat and add maple syrup. Whisk well.
- Add Cacao Powder and Vanilla Extract.
- Pour chocolate into molds or into a parchment lined baking sheet. I like these for chocolate bars.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or until completely hard.
- Once solid, pop chocolates out of molds or break your giant cannabis candy bar into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.