This is a fabulous soup.
It’s your basic taco soup…with a little extra taco seasoning and a swirl of sour cream right before you serve it!
It needs more taco seasoning because the sour cream tames it down a little. So we’re adding a touch more than if it didn’t have the sour cream
It’s all about the creamy-spicy balance.
Adapted from: Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 15 oz. can corn, drained
- 2 – 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 packets taco seasoning or 3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- Garnish: crushed tortilla chips
- Garnish: shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Side: veggies
- Brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain.
- To a 6 qt or larger slow cooker, add the browned ground beef, chopped bell pepper, drained and rinsed black beans, drained corn, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, and beef broth. Stir in the taco seasoning. Set on low and cook for 8 hours. Do NOT add sour cream at the start of the cooking cycle.
- Just before serving, swirl in the sour cream into the soup.
- Prepare veggies.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with crushed tortilla chips and cheese.
- Serve Slow Cooker Creamy Taco Soup with veggies.